Sign-up now and become
a Franchisee at Snap‑on
Snap-on rewards people who make a positive difference.
Applications close on:
Thursday 31st December 2020
Part Time - 20hrs, 5 days per week. 9-12 month maternity contract.
Primary responsibility is to provide support in the functions of the Account Manager. This role will provide support in the early stages of the delinquent portfolio with the primary aim of stopping accounts aging further in the delinquency process.
The objectives are accomplished by working closely with all members of the Portfolio Management Team; building strong value added relationships with the SOT regional sales management teams and the Franchise sales force and by directing and coordinating collections on active receivable accounts, to resolve delinquency issues, retain customers, and minimize losses.
The priority areas of focus will be directed be the Portfolio Manager / Senior Account Manager and will relate to areas of high concern across the EC Portfolio.
Duties & Responsibilities
The main duties of the Collection Support Specialist are listed below, but it is the nature of the job that each activity will have its own range of demands which he/she will be expected to meet.
Manage the receivable/Control losses (approximately 90% of work time)
• Conduct extensive phone calls to establish contact with debtor and determine point of collection
• Record and update account activity including the customer’s demographics, financial status and collection efforts associated with resolving the account.
• Resolve customer delinquency problems so as to retain customers and achieve permanent corrective action.
• Determine and negotiate partial and extended payments.
• Coordinate repossessions with Field Management and franchisees
• Ensure collection and repossession procedures adhere to corporate policy
• Work all Skip accounts to resolution.
• Recommend legal action to SOF management and carry out all necessary court follow up action.
• Work directly with franchisees, SOT Field Management, and internal Portfolio Management associates to control delinquency and net losses to corporate objectives to include debtor-direct calling
• Develop strong business relationships with SOT sales management, the regional franchise sales force and internal Portfolio Management Associates so as to meet delinquency control and loss objectives
• Perform various administrative functions.
Planning (approximately 10% of work time)
• Analysis of the business portfolio
• Formulating monthly action plans
• Provide all necessary stakeholders with weekly forecasts
• Market analysis to target deficiencies in both the sales and control arenas
• Continually look for RCI opportunities and identify areas for personal development
• The role may require the incumbent to perform any other duties to ensure the efficient running of their department or area
We are looking for someone who:
• Has 5 GCSE’s or O level equivalent or 2-4 years of directly related experience in a Financial Services environment
• Has a professional telephone manner
• Has excellent computer skills and knowledge including Microsoft Office
• Is a strong written and verbal communication skills
• Is outgoing, positive attitudes and strong interpersonal skills
• Is able to demonstrate strong ability to work independently
• Has excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks
Core Competencies and Behaviours
In addition to their day to day role, all Snap-on associates must work in an effective way and be able to demonstrate the following competencies which are fundamental to the successful running of their department/business unit:
• Consistently remains open to ideas offered by others; supports and uses ideas to solve problems or address issues
• Achieves desired results in the midst of changes in responsibilities, work processes, timeframes and performance expectations
• Demonstrates openness to new organisational structures, procedures and technology
• Learns and develops new skills or behaviours to adapt to constant changes
Attention to Quality
• Completes tasks with a concern for all the details involved
• Establishes and follows work procedures to achieve a high level of quality, productivity and/or service
• Initiates action to correct problems and notifies others of issues as appropriate
• Prepares deliverables with an eye to the customer and the company, ensuring accuracy and comprehensive outcomes
Communication & Influence
• Communicates effectively, both verbally and nonverbally
• Expresses thoughts clearly, concisely and in a timely manner, both orally and written, fact to face, and through appropriate communication technologies
• Drives out waste through active participation in and the seeking out of opportunities to use problem solving skills and other quality improvement tools
• Grows a culture of customer focus by actively pursuing and ultimately anticipating customer needs
• Helps orient other associates into the continuous improvement culture; how to be agile, quality driven and customer focused
Contributing to Team Success
• Keeps in mind that success is defined by the success of the entire team
• Demonstrates cooperation and collaboration while participating in a group or team
• Establishes and maintains productive working relationships
• Demonstrates a personal commitment, both in thought and in action, to the success of the team
Safety & Working Conditions
• Works safely as a condition of hire and continued employment
• Accepts personal responsibility for safety
• Elevates issues to eliminate or safeguard unsafe acts and conditions
• Believes that work related injuries are preventable and, therefore, unacceptable
• Establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers at all times
• Consistently shows a passion for getting things done & meeting commitments to others
• Dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers
• Gets first hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services
Full training will be provided. CV’s/letters of application should be sent to the HR Department at firstname.lastname@example.org
General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) Compliance
We are no longer accepting new applications.
Snap-on rewards people who make a positive difference.